The 100 row limit

More
2 years 7 months ago #12878 by mc_coder
Hi,

I'm seeing a weird problem while testing a sql server stored procdure which uses a linked server to pull & push data to a postgres db. I'm using the trial version of PGNP on my dev maching to test. The sp's are called in a loop and when I go into double digits in the loop counter I get some weird errors about null values. Calling these same procs with the values that caused the error manually in management studio works correctly. So I'm wondering if it could be an artefact of the 100 row limit. There are two sp's one calls 6 seperate selects and then an insert on the Postgres DB and the second calls 10 seperate selects and an insert. Do all these select results get totted up and when I hit 100 will PGNP refuse to do any more?

I will be moving to licensed version in test environment next but would like to know if my assumption is correct.

Regards,

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #12879 by mc_coder
I'm seeing this error when it fails

OLE DB provider "PGNP" for linked server "LINKEDSERVER" returned message "ERROR: DECLARE CURSOR can only be used in transaction blocks

funny thing is I don't have any DECLARE CURSOR calls in my code so I assume this is from the driver. Can anyone shed light on this?

Regards,

Martin

More
2 years 7 months ago #12880 by mc_coder
Just for reference - as I suspected this "problem" went away when using a fully licensed version of the driver.

Martin

More
2 years 7 months ago #12881 by Moderator
Martin, thank you for the update! Yes, such issues could be caused by the limitations of the trial version.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds