COM Surrogate Crashing when Trying to Query Function through Linked Server

More
2 months 1 week ago #14419 by pj961227
Hello!

We're having an issue right now where we are using openquery to call a Greenplum function. Many of our queries work just fine, but for some reason, a few are not allowing us to query. They are causing the COM Surrogate to crash. This is only happening in our Production environment, and it can't get this to be reproduced in the Dev environment. Everything is working fine in Dev. I have noticed though that there is a spike of 1 - 2GB of memory usage right around the time the query results come back from Greenplum used by the COM Surrogate, but it's not consistent. I can't see any usage of that app when it does crash though. Not sure what else to check on since we've tried many things.

Querying from SQL Server to Greenplum through a linked server:
Dev to Dev = Works
Dev to Prod = Works
Prod to Dev = Works
Prod to Prod = Fail most of the time

One of the errors we keep getting is: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 4
The OLE DB provider "PGNP" for linked server "Greenplum" reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.
Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 4
An error occurred while preparing the query "select ###########"" for execution against OLE DB provider "PGNP" for linked server "Greenplum".

We've tried changing the amount of memory being allocated, using the out of proc install, querying from different accounts, refreshmetadata and a few other things and can't solve this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago #14420 by pj961227
Looks like we found the problem. Our query was returning a TIMESTAMP data type and the openquery wouldn't work with it. We modified it to use to_char and all is well now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum